The purpose of the role is to provide user support and customer service on customer supported computer applications and platforms. Troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action. Assist with general duties and tasks provided by IT department. This post is on a fixed term basis for 6 months.
What you will be doing:
- Receiving customer phone calls, log, prioritise, allocate and resolve Service Desk/Remote Managed Service alerts/calls by or support request from end users.
- Supporting with the customer, the problem reported and, by questioning, collect information and guide the customer through suitable diagnostic procedures to determine the source of the problem if possible.
- Having identified the problem, to research, isolate, resolve or follow-up routine customer problems, referring more complex problems to the Senor Engineers within the department or other technical support staff.
- Handling and processing all calls in line with the defined Service Level Agreements, and current Customer Service procedure.
- Effectively utilising all Service Desk/Remote Management tools, reference materials, the internet, and other resources including other department staff to aid problem research & resolution.
- Liaising with software & hardware vendors, our service partners and third party companies to obtain product information, resolve technical issues, or request service from them relating to logged calls.
- Keeping the end user advised as to progress of their call and the appropriate action that will be taken to resolve their issue. To promptly update, progress & chase calls on the Service Desk logging system, throughout the duration of a call to reflect current status and provide pro-active feedback to the customer, (Internal or External) and escalate to the Senior Engineer any issues arising from this activity.
- Building, configure and deploy new desktops, laptops, mobile devices and peripherals, and to assist in all desktop moves and changes.
- Assisting in the efficient systems administration by regularly updating internal documentation, asset management system & order database
- Working as a team with the Senior engineers on projects when appropriate.
- Assisting in the definition new working practices, processes and service enhancements within the team and ensure these are effectively implemented.
- Escalating all service issues, problem practices, “gripes” or complaints to your Manager
- Being flexible to cover shifts rota requirements as required by Team Leader onsite.
- Staying current with system information, changes and updates
What you will need:
- A relevant technical qualification (Desirable)
- Microsoft Windows 10, Office 2016 & Office 365 good troubleshooting skills and understanding of the operating system & software packages
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook skills
- Basic understanding of networking including switches, routers, firewalls, access points, and telephony
- Basic Microsoft Server skills including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, file shares etc
- Basic Exchange, SharePoint, Office 365 and cabling knowledge (desirable)
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- An organised self-starter, with good time management skills.
- Very good oral and written communication skills
Candidates need to hold a full clean driving licence and be able to drive in a company vehicle to remote offices to perform offsite work as required. Please make sure your CV is showing driving categories you currently hold
In line with government guidance, we will be asking all candidates to confirm if they have been vaccinated against COVID-19
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is the leading health and social care charity serving the Jewish community in the UK. Though our clients are all of a similar religious tradition, our staff represent diverse cultures and faiths.
Why you’ll love working with us
No matter how young or old you are, if you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, we’ll reward you for your hard work and dedication. On top of providing some of the most competitive pay rates in the care industry, we offer excellent benefits, including:
- 4% employer pension contribution
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Excellent training opportunities
- Free meals
- Wellbeing & staff recognition initiatives
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.