The role of a care assistant is to assist and support residents in a wide range of daily activities so that they can achieve optimum wellbeing, independence, self-expression, fulfilment and have as positive an experience as possible. In addition, all those working in a care home setting, strive to provide all stakeholders, including residents, their relatives or representatives, volunteers, external visitors, professionals and colleagues, with a positive ‘customer experience, thus enhancing their experience as well as their view of our client as a caring professional services provider. As a Care Assistant you will have a key role that impacts on the quality of life of the residents.
As and when required to be worked on a rota basis
Principal accountabilities / responsibilities
- To support residents in all activities of all daily living which are specified in their care plan and or are required in order to maximise wellbeing (physical, emotional, social etc.). These include personal care, food and drink, administering medication, accessing health care and recreational activities.
- To engage with residents and other stakeholders in a way that reflects their preferences, abilities as well as taking into account any impairment. This will be done in a way that will nurture their sense of self.
Requirements for the Care Assistant:
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care or desire to be trained.
- Experience of working in a similar care environment (essential)
- Demonstrate a support role working with older people with dementia.
- Willing to undertake all aspects of care or non-care duties to meet both the physical, emotional and social needs of our residents.
- Able to work shifts (including weekends and evenings)
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is the leading health and social care charity serving the Jewish community in the UK. Though our clients are all of a similar religious tradition, our staff represent diverse cultures and faiths, bringing their own unique perspectives and individuality to their roles.
Why you’ll love working with us
No matter how young or old you are, if you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, we’ll reward you for your hard work and dedication. On top of providing some of the most competitive pay rates in the care industry, we offer excellent benefits, including:
- 4% employer pension contribution
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Excellent training opportunities
- Free meals
- Wellbeing & staff recognition initiatives
Jewish Care is a communal organisation touching the lives of over 10,000 people every week. We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by enhancing wellbeing and inspiring them to stay connected to their community. We provide a variety of health and social care services to meet the community’s physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations, including older people, those with mental health needs, Holocaust survivors, people living with dementia and people with disabilities.
We employee 1,100 staff and 3,000 volunteers from multicultural backgrounds who work together to enrich vulnerable people’s lives in a positive and caring way. Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic we are proud of how our staff have responded and the agility they have shown to ensure we continue to meet changing requirements.
Start the rewarding career you’ve been wishing for. Apply today!
Please be aware that this vacancy will close once a sufficient number of candidates have been identified.