- Location: Working from home
- Sector: Marketing and PR
Jewish Digest – About Us
Jewish Digest is seeking a Comms & Events Manager to help grow the charity and help those and their loved ones impacted by IBD.
Jewish Digest is a unique UK based charity run by volunteers for people suffering with Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis.
As a team, we help support those suffering from IBD via a buddy system and informative events and guide those impacted, whether concerned family members, relatives, friends and colleagues with guidance and referrals to our leading medical panel, where a gastroenterologist and other medical professionals are available to answer questions.
• Up to two days a week, though this may vary according to personal circumstances and Jewish Digest is open to flexible working patterns.
• Strategy: implementing and further developing communication and social media strategies.
• Website: publishing regular updates, researching informative articles and monitoring analytics.
• Newsletter: sourcing content for newsletters. Manage the design, creation and delivery of newsletters.
• Buddy: further developing the buddy system connecting people with IBD
• Recipes: sourcing new recipes that are suitable for IBD to share on social media and website
• Young people’s page: getting young people with IBD involved and creating and developing a young people’s section on the website.
• Editing and producing short videos relating to IBD
• Collaborating with other charities/organisations to help grow awareness.
• Run panel events similar to what we have run in the past to give people the opportunity to access medical professionals.
• Social Media: managing social media channels – updating and monitoring relevant accounts and analytics.
General responsibilities include:
• Carry out marketing and public relations activities to raise the profile of the organisation’s services and campaigns.
• Design fundraising materials such as leaflets and flyers.
• Create and organise fundraising initiatives and events.
• Approach potential donors and maintain donor lists.
• Recruit and coordinate the work of volunteers.
• Carry out administrative tasks, such as applying for grants and other sources of funding, managing budgets to meet the charity’s needs.
You’ll need to show:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to build successful partnerships.
• Flexibility and time management.
• Commitment to, passion for and belief in Jewish Digest’s aims and a general interest in medical and health matters.
• Good understanding of the charity and voluntary work sector, and its relationship with other bodies, such as Crohn’s and Colitis UK.
• Appreciation of marketing and PR methods along with commercial understanding.
• Strong administrative skills.
• Initiative, creativity and good forward thinking.
• Understanding of the important role of volunteers.
• Creative, organised and precise
For more information and to apply for this role please contact email@example.com
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.