Jewish Care’s Community Centres are at the heart of changing people’s lives for the better. We aim to ensure that Jewish older people lead a meaningful life, have a sense of belonging and participate in their community through attending our Community Centres. The Community Centre Activities Assistant is a newly formed role that reports to the Centre Coordinator. The Community Centre Activities Assistant is responsible for front line delivery of day services to Jewish Care members, including running and supporting with activities such as chair based-exercise classes, discussion groups, card games and board games. This role may involve tasks within the persons care plan that includes personal care.
We can offer a minimum of 15 to 30 hours per week (2 days or 4 days) paying £10.05 per hour, with an opportunity for potential overtime in other roles across the organisation .
You wil be responsible for front line delivery of day services to Jewish Care members.
We are seeking 3 new Activities Assistants to join our team at our Ronson Family Centre based at our Sandringham Campus in Stanmore on a full time basis.
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for running and taking part in activities and programmes in a culturally specific Jewish Day service for older people, people living with dementia and at associated programming and events.
- Work together with programming teams to set up technology to support members taking part in activities at home – such as online social discussion groups and exercise classes.
- To be aware of current safeguarding guidance and to raise and report safeguarding concerns with the appropriate colleagues, to enhance the quality of life of older people.
- Carry out actions, such as personal care duties, as indicated in a person’s care plan or associated documents. Take part in care plan meetings with colleagues, internal Social Work colleagues, relatives, and external agencies.
- Where appropriate and in partnership with the Senior OT (dementia lead), promote the Montessori approach to dementia care.
- To support minibus drivers with the collection of members on our mini buses from their home to the centre, ensuring their needs are met in line with our agreed standards for transport.
- Where appropriate, supporting members to coordinate and organise their transport arrangements to and from the centre to include assisting with booking and managing dial-a-ride, other community transport private hire and public transport.
What you will need:
- GCSE or Equivalent
- Experience socialising with or talking to older, disabled, or people living with dementia, in a personal or professional capacity
- Experience working with volunteers or volunteering
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, across all levels of observance, local parlance, and festivities
- Knowledge of general adult safeguarding best practice or a willingness to learn
- Ability to work empathetically and respectfully with people of all ages and abilities
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to socialise and interact with people
For a full job description for this role please email email@example.com
In line with government guidance, we will be asking all candidates to confirm if they have been vaccinated against COVID-19
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is the leading health and social care charity serving the Jewish community in the UK. Though our clients are all of a similar religious tradition, our staff represent diverse cultures and faiths.
Why you’ll love working with us
No matter how young or old you are, if you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, we’ll reward you for your hard work and dedication. On top of providing some of the most competitive pay rates in the care industry, we offer excellent benefits, including:
- 4% employer pension contribution
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Excellent training opportunities
- Free meals
- Wellbeing & staff recognition initiatives
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.