As a Compliance Officer, you focus on supporting the organisation in driving our compliance culture forward and ensuring that the organisation is compliant in relation to all applicable legislations, regulations, and best practice. You will work closely with the Director of Operations and wider Compliance team to ensure that the organisation operates in a legal and ethical manner while meeting our business objectives.
Your key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
• Ensure compliance across the organisation with relevant legislation, such as the Charity Act and Data Protection legislation
• Ensure compliance throughout the organisation with the essential internal governing policies and documents (such as safeguarding policies, IT security policies and data protection policies)
• To act as the organisation’s Data Protection Officer, and to lead on responding to Data Subject Access Requests
• Proactively audit processes, practices, and policies to identify weaknesses and update accordingly
• Review, develop and implement relevant policies and procedures and updates to best practices, researching key areas of legislation of best practice guidance to inform decision-making
• To address employee questions or concerns on legal compliance and GDPR/Data Protection
• To keep current on internal standards and business goals
In this role, you should have the following personal profile:
• Experience of handling Data Subject Rights such as Subject Access Requests and Right to Erasure
• A good working knowledge of Data Protection legislation (including the recent changes made through GDPR)
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Strong project management skills as likely to juggle several projects at one time
• Possess the confidence to highlight or escalate concerns
• Excellent attention to detail
• Exceptional problem-solving skills with a persistence to see issues resolved or the successful completion of projects
• Superb organisational skills with a professional and mature manner
• Customer-orientated and understand the urgency of replying to requests in a timely fashion
Closing date: Ongoing
To be personally recommended for this role please contact email@example.com
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.