The role of Control Room Operator to being part of the team who are responsible for ensuring the smooth operation from a technology perspective of the 24/7 National Security Control Centre.
The role also involves working to the processes that ensure the best use is made of the technologies available to meet the needs of the security department.
Your key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Monitoring live CCTV image across multiple sites
- Determining the best response or escalation route to an incident
- Liaising with operational staff to co-ordinate the appropriate emergency response
- Monitoring and responding to national radio communications and emergency calls
- Performing first level triage on incoming incidents
- Close liaison with the Police when appropriate
- Ability to pass the necessary knowledge on to colleagues in the room
- Taking part in regular scenario-based training sessions to ensure your knowledge and responses are quick and current
An SIA license is desirable but not essential since this can be obtained through CST.
- Willingness to get to understand the technologies used to a high level
- Ability to work well under extreme pressure
- Prepared to work outside of standard office hours
- Have good communication skills required with staff, contractors, and clients
- Excellent technical knowledge of internet protocols and general IT
- Ability to learn new software to a level that keeps the room at the cutting edge
- Desire to always improve the setup and hence reduce the reaction times to incidents
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.