ABOUT THE ROLE
Working alongside the Head of Donor Support Services and the fundraising and finance teams, this role is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the Norwood CRM system (Raiser’s Edge), the fundraising administration and reconciliation and donor stewardship programmes.
Responsible for the importing, maintaining, processing and exporting of data as well as analysis of supporter, financial, preference, consent and other data held on the fundraising database. This includes development and consistent maintenance of practices and protocols to ensure data integrity and legal compliance.
The role will lead on key data analysis and insight and KPI reporting to ensure data and information is available in accessible formats, to support organisational reporting and development of fundraising programmes.
Manage the Donor Services Team comprising of two donor support services assistants and database assistant.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Donor Support & Care:
1. Manage the team to promptly and accurately record of all fundraising income, across all payment methods and via third-party platforms and plan, test and manage the onboarding of any new third party platforms.
2. Lead the prompt and accurate dispatch of donor acknowledgements for donors and appeal donations, ensuring thanking processes and content are regularly reviewed and updated and colleagues have the training and queries they need to thank their own donor portfolios.
3. Monitor giving patterns and attrition rates, return on investment and lifetime value of all fundraising supporter types to build supporter engagement and life time value models to maximise income.
4. Management of Direct Debits and compliance, including new instructions and submitting claims, monitor of ongoing Direct Debits and initiating the relevant follow-up processes when a Direct Debit ends or is cancelled by the donor.
5. Manages the gift reconciliation of the database, including the accurate recording of declarations and submitting monthly claims. Keep up-to-date with changes in HMRC guidance and develop processes to ensure Gift Aid compliance, including a programme of regular self-audit.
6. Manage the month-end and year-end reconciliation of all fundraising income, working with the Finance department to ensure that income data is accurately coded and that, where relevant, donations are restricted in line with the donor’s wishes.
7. Ensure all supporting evidence of donations is stored in line with Data Protection regulations, and be the department’s first point of contact for supplying donation evidence during the annual financial audit.
8. Carefully design and implement bespoke donation and data processing plans for Norwood’s dinner events, postal appeal launches and any other activity generating a high volume of data and donations; including managing the Counting Room at events and ensuring that procedures for off-site money handling are carried out accurately and compliantly.
9. Ensure incoming enquiries through the website, telephone and email enquiries from donors are dealt with promptly and efficiently, and effectively deal with and maintain a log of donor complaints.
10. Maintain excellent supporter relationships by telephone, email and post. Work closely with external suppliers pertaining to the upkeep of the database, telemarketing and fundraising agencies, ensuring projects run according to brief, budget and schedule.
Database Management & Insight:
1. To support with financial/statistical information to assist with the annual plans, department strategies, forecasting, re-forecasting and monthly income and expenditure reports.
2. To analyse the database including building of queries, exports, imports, reports and to identify trends, evaluate activity performance and provide insight to support future activity.
3. To maintain and continuously improve procedures and systems that improve the efficiency and data entry of the database in line with best practice and user requirements. Document any new processes and maintain process documentation.
4. To support teams by bulk loading data into the database, including but not restricted to communications, engagement, income and marketing preferences.
5. To manage database cleansing process ensuring only the most accurate and relevant information is available to support fundraising needs.
6. To work with Head of DSS and fundraising teams so that the donor database can be segmented into target groups and appropriate files are prepared, for mailing, telephoning, emailing, marketing campaigns, while ensuring that mailing preferences of recipients are adhered to.
7. To support the use of the database for constituent research and ongoing supporter development, such as tracking of donor habits, monitoring growth and attrition, measuring and tracking lifetime value of supporters and identifying donor conversion to giving and repeat giving trends.
8. To support and deliver Raiser’s Edge training to fundraising staff both new starters and refresher training and ensure process documents are up to date, continually developing the ‘super user group’ knowledge and capacity.
• 3+ years Raiser’s Edge database experience
• Demonstrable experience of using Crystal Reports
• Evidence of strong communication and customer service skills
• Evidence of the highest standard of donor care and effective administration of donations.
• Excellent understanding of relational database structure and ability to build complex queries and reports
• Demonstrable ability to use this knowledge in a practical and proactive manner by identifying and implementing improvements in the way in which data is handled
• Highly computer/IT literate including experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
• Accurate and attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills
• Highly analytical, systematic, well organised and good at detail
• Adaptable and flexible, whilst maintaining focus and achieving deadlines
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Able to prioritise work
• Totally trustworthy and reliable
• A team player
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Approachable and aware of self and others
• Ability to undertake daily work efficiently and able to remain focused
• Able and willing to work flexible hours to meet service needs
• Pro-active individual, able to apply own initiative and manage a busy and varied workload, take ownership of tasks, and contribute as a team player to achieve fundraising targets.
• Experience of working in the charity sector
• Educated to A Level or equivalent
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn about Jewish Culture
For more information and to be personally recommended for this role please contact email@example.com
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.