Hours: 26.25 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum
Kisharon Enterprises have a new and exciting opportunity to join the Kisharon Noé School’s dedicated administrative team on a permanent basis in the newly created role of Finance Officer.
We are looking for an exceptional and experienced Finance Officer who has the necessary skills and personal qualities to contribute to the strategic vision and leadership of the finance function. You will be expected to provide support and assistance to the School Business Manager to ensure the management and processing of finances is undertaken efficiently and in a timely manner.
• Enter transactions into the school’s financial accounting system including the processing of journals Finance – Purchasing
• Raise and send purchase orders/log commitments on the school’s accounting system
• Where appropriate, and in accordance with the card use policy, purchase goods using the school’s purchasing card
• Validate and process invoices and cheques
• Maintain accurate supplier details on the school’s financial accounting system
• Process any cheques or cash received directly to the school, prepare banking sheets/paying in slips and deliver to the bank and ensure these are posted and reconciled into school’s financial management system
• Administer the school’s payroll and pension schemes
• Assist the School Business Manager with reviewing financial performance against the school budget and assist them with preparation of monthly accounts
• Manage receipt of pupil premium and other educational grants
• Assist with Financial Returns to external authorities as required
• Provide cover for colleagues as required
You will have:
• Ideally you will have a relevant accountancy or finance qualification
• A track record of achieving targets and establishing high quality processes
• Confidence to use specific IT and accounting packages
• Proven experience of providing effective financial support and administration
• Experience of using, developing and managing financial systems is essential
• Excellent numeracy skills and an ability to demonstrate accuracy and diligence with figure work
• Exceptional organisational, communication and ICT skills including Word and Excel, social media. MS Teams experience is highly desirable
• Ability to work in a regulated environment ensuring compliance
• Understand the importance of safeguarding and safer recruitment within a school environment
• An ability to work with minimal supervision and direction, using your initiative and being proactive
• Able to deliver value for money initiatives
• Ability to work flexibly, under pressure and prioritise effectively, with a calm and professional approach
• Ability to build effective working relationships with a wide range of people
This is an exciting time to join Kisharon Noé School as in September 2020 we moved into our brand new, state of the art school building in London, NW4 and our school is rapidly expanding.
If you are an ambitious and aspiring individual who is looking for a new challenge and expand your current experience in a finance function we want to hear from you!
For more information and to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org