Hours: Part-time (3/4 days a week)
Location: NW3, London (some remote working possible)
JW3’s GATEWAYS PROGRAMME:
Every young person, no matter who they are or where they are from, should have the opportunity to progress and thrive, regardless of the struggles they face. In every community, more and more young people are facing mental health issues, and many are affected by poverty, neglect and abuse. The Jewish community is not immune to any of these issues.
JW3’s Gateways programme provides an integrated service to vulnerable young people, including academic and vocational courses, pastoral care and life skills training. We are committed to the holistic development of every student, at every stage of their journey through the programme.
You will join us during an exciting period in the programme’s growth. Due to an increase in demand for our services, Gateways is setting up the first independent, full time alternative provision within the Jewish community.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Working as part of the Gateways Team, and reporting directly to the Director of Gateways, you will provide general administrative support to ensure the smooth running of the Gateways programme maintaining confidentiality at all times.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Provide key administrative support to the Gateways Director – meeting support, scheduling courses, classes and events, room bookings and setup, support with preparation of reports, presentations and documents, teachers’ contracts, ordering and managing resources for office and courses, logistics for events/meetings, credit card reconciliation.
• Maintain and improve general administrative systems for the Gateways office, core team and classes and courses.
• Maintain data management system for keeping records of student admissions and enrolments, freelance staff, referring organisations, funders and suppliers.
• Work with the Gateways Director and team to compile and amend the annual timetable, regularly updating all records in line with the Gateways continuous enrolment policy.
• Provide full administrative support to the JW3 Exam Centre for each exam season.
• Prepare and distribute termly contracts for all Gateways freelance teachers.
• Organise induction to JW3 and Gateways systems and procedures for Gateways core team staff and freelance teachers. Provide staff/freelancers with support/instruction/reminders, where required. Help solve IT issues and/or liaise with external IT support.
• Process all DBS applications submitted by JW3 on behalf of Gateways freelance teachers.
• Order stationery, resources, food and drink for the Gateways office, courses and events.
• Liaise with Operations Department, manage storage of resources and equipment. Handle mail and delivery of resources.
• Liaise with the Finance Team, provide administrative support to ensure that invoices are received and dealt with successfully and within an appropriate timescale. Record the Gateways credit card expenditure and complete monthly reconciliations.
• Attend and take minutes of meetings, including Gateways advisory board meetings, as required.
• Assist with compiling of annual reports, website content, funding proposals and policy documents, and organise production and dissemination of reports, when required.
• Provide administrative support for programme planning and participate in researching new projects, as requested by the Director.
• Deal with visitors where appropriate.
All staff must wholeheartedly buy into JW3’s mission, vision, values and guiding principles. A belief in the importance of inclusivity and working cross-communally, and a commitment to high quality Jewish engagement, arts and culture, learning and community-building is critical.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working in either an office-based administrative support role, secretarial role, or office manager role.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication and numeracy skills, including telephone manner.
• Extremely thorough – with attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
• Successfully working under pressure, with multiple demands and in a changing environment.
• A confident and friendly manner with the public and a professional appearance.
• Motivated, highly organised, with initiative and excellent time management skills.
• Solid, appropriate IT skills, including strong use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet and Outlook.
• Minimum typing speed of 50 WPM.
• An enthusiasm for and understanding and experience of ‘customer service’.
• Able to interact confidently and build relationships with a wide range of contacts at all levels.
• Enthusiastic and eager to learn.
• Outgoing, friendly and willing to pitch in and help others within the wider team.
• Flexibility with a pro-active and creative approach to problem solving.
• Strong teamwork and communication skills with a positive attitude and obvious drive.
• Able to manage sensitive and confidential information.
Closing date: Ongoing
For more information and to be personally recommended for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.