HOURS: Up to 16 hours a week
REPORTING TO: Director of Gateways
About JW3 Gateways
JW3 Gateways is an educational and vocational provision supporting vulnerable young people and those experience mental health challenges within the Jewish community. Gateways offers young people aged 15-25 a way of learning and accessing support outside mainstream education. Gateways provides young people alternative and constructive ways to enhance their skill set rebuild their self-esteem and instil hope for the future. You will join the programme in an exciting time where we will be expanding the provision to increase and develop our services.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Working as part of the Gateways team, and reporting directly to the Director of Gateways, you will be responsible for planning and overseeing a tailor-made and individual educational programme/pathway for all Gateways students including clear learning objectives.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
1. Programme Support
• Be one of the key contacts for referring organisations and students.
• Create bespoke educational programmes/pathways for each student.
• Assess appropriate qualification levels for individual students.
• Devise strategies to help students achieve their educational targets.
• Monitor student progress to ensure students are meeting their goals.
• Offer ongoing support and assistance to tutors to help students achieve targets.
• To research and implement new courses to enhance the offering to students.
• Together with the pastoral manager, screen and assess incoming students.
• Make recommendations to the Head of Gateways for student progression.
• Stay up to date with all updates and changes within the education sector.
• Responsible for ensuring the high quality curriculum and assessment delivery of Gateways courses, in line with relevant standards and regulations.
• To ensure that all relevant policies are kept up to date and in line with JCQ regulations
• Oversee all staff delivering exam and assessments.
• Examination invigilation and other related duties
• Provide necessary training and support for tutors and staff.
• Together with pastoral manager, maintain a commitment to safeguarding issues as they affect Gateways students.
2. Promoting and Representing JW3
• Protect and enhance the reputation of JW3, presenting the organisation in an appropriate and professional manner to stakeholders.
• Act as an advocate for the impact of JW3’s work where appropriate.
• Build appropriate relationships with relevant organisations to raise JW3’s positive profile.
All staff must wholeheartedly buy into JW3’s mission, vision, values and guiding principles. A belief in the importance of inclusivity and working cross-communally, and a commitment to high quality Jewish engagement, arts and culture, learning and community-building is critical.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Experience in designing educational plans for young people
• Experience working with young people who are out of mainstream education
• Experience working with young people facing social, emotional or behavioural challenges both within and outside mainstream school.
• Experience working within secondary education
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
• Extremely thorough, with excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
• Successfully working under pressure, with multiple demands and in a changing environment.
• Motivated, highly organised, with initiative and excellent time management skills.
• Solid, appropriate IT skills, including strong use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Able to interact confidently and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Professional manner, ability to work efficiently and effectively.
• Enthusiastic and eager to learn.
• Outgoing, friendly and willing to pitch in and help others within the wider team.
• Flexibility with a pro-active and creative approach to problem solving.
• Strong team work and communication skills with a positive attitude and obvious drive.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Experience of vocational training programmes
• Experience of successful community centres – having been an active, involved member, teacher, and/or staff member.
• Prior involvement in, and knowledge of the Jewish community.
• Educated to degree level.
• Patience and a welcoming manner.
• Has a commitment to the Gateways mission, ethos and equal opportunities policy, together with high standards of education, care and behaviour.
• A confident and friendly manner with vulnerable young people, staff and referring organisations.
• Ability to use own initiative and work alone as necessary
• Willingness to undergo training
• A friendly personality and ability to interact positively with young people.
• Has a proactive and flexible approach to work.
• Has a natural ability to effectively work in teams and form positive relationships.
• Has passion, drive, commitment and integrity.
• Shows commitment to furthering JW3 Gateways vision and goals.
Click here for more information and to apply, or call Laurence Field for an initial chat on 020 7433 8988
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.