Do you wish you worked for a company that really cares about its employees? Our multi-award winning organisation is looking for a General Kitchen Assistant to join our Catering and Hospitality team based at our Lady Sarah Cohen House, Residential Nursing Home, in Friern Barnet. This role is part-time working 35 hours per week and could include weekends. On top of earning competitive rates of pay (£9.47 per hour) you’ll receive some excellent benefits including an enhanced pension scheme and free life assurance.
The role of General Kitchen Assistant will involve the delivery of Hotel Services within Jewish Care Homes and Community Centres. The position is responsible for the effective delivery of kitchen services to an excellent standard to meet Health & Safety Regulations. Effective communication, ability to work well within a team and have a flexible approach are key.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll have a key role ensuring we deliver an excellent standard of food and service for our customers, creating an inviting and pleasant environment. Your core duties will involve:
- Basic food preparation including vegetables, salads and sandwiches
- Maintaining a clean, hygienic and presentable catering environment
- Getting food counter and dining areas ready for service
- Serving hot & cold food and beverages
- Operating till and cashing up when required
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service through regular cotact with the service users ensuring that their needs are met
Who we’re looking for
You’ll ideally have the following:
- Knowledge of food safety level 2
- Knowledge of infection control including Covid procedure
- Knowledge of health & safety
- Great communication skills, confident speaking to a range of people and able to present yourself with a sunny personality and effortlessly communicate with our service users
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Willing to undertake appropriate training (e.g. Supervision, NVQ Training)
- Willingess to go the ‘extra mile’
In line with government guidance, we will be asking all candidates to confirm if they have been vaccinated against COVID-19
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is the leading health and social care charity serving the Jewish community in the UK. Though our clients are all of a similar religious tradition, our staff represent diverse cultures and faiths.
Why you’ll love working with us
No matter how young or old you are, if you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, we’ll reward you for your hard work and dedication. On top of providing some of the most competitive pay rates in the care industry, we offer excellent benefits, including:
- 4% employer pension contribution
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Excellent training opportunities
- Free meals
- Wellbeing & staff recognition initiatives
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.