- Location: NW London
- Sector: Community
GIFT inspires a culture of giving through dynamic education and impactful volunteering; supporting those in need.
• Coordination and management of programmes and events such as packathons and other giving sessions that attract people of all ages to the Gift Giving Hub (GGH), including secondary school students, adult volunteers, families, Bnei Mitzvah and youth groups.
• Educating and inspiring giving/chessed and ensuring volunteering at the GGH is a meaningful experience.
• Liaison with various organisations regarding incoming food donations, including Barnet Council, Fareshare, Felix, City Harvest and Foodbank Aid.
• Creating an environment which facilitates the storage, packing and delivery of thousands of food parcels per annum.
• Modernisation and implementation of systems that manage stock levels of incoming food and outgoing food parcels on a weekly basis.
• Recording values of all incoming items and updating statistics regularly.
• Management of the whole process for weekly distribution of thousands of packages, ensuring it is completed in an efficient and timely manner.
• Coordination of volunteers, proactively contacting all regular volunteers in advance of sessions.
• Management of all packing sessions, including their set-up, as well as the process to maintain rotation of items distributed and plan weekly parcels.
• Maintaining the facilities and health & safety at the GGH, ensure a safe, clean and tidy working environment.
• Line management of the GGH Assistant.
• Includes some evening and weekend work.
To find out more about the role or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org