Hours: Full-time, requires weekday office hours plus weekends or evenings and travel during retreats.
Location: This position is located in our global hub office in London, United Kingdom.
Applicants for this position must be able to work in the United Kingdom without employer sponsorship.
Who We Are:
When you work for Moishe House (pronounced moy-shuh), you become a part of something BIG: a global nonprofit that builds peer-led Jewish communities for young adults around the world! Founded in 2006, Moishe House funds, trains, and educates young adults to create pluralistic, inclusive, and welcoming Jewish communities as House Residents, MHWOW Hosts, and Peer-Led-Retreat Facilitators. To date, there are more than 140 Moishe House communities in over 30 countries, and we’re still growing!
The Global Communities Retreats Manager collaborates with the Associate Director of Jewish Education Retreats to manage and administer all aspects of our Staff-led Retreat Program for our global communities while ensuring uniquely crafted, high-quality retreat experiences for participants. Additionally, the Global Communities Retreats Manager partners with the Director of Global Communities in planning and executing two annual resident training conferences.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do:
- You believe in our mission, have a passion for serving others, place high value in being part of a strong team, and are excited to join a dynamic, inspirational organization
- You are a go-getter with a proven track record for success in leadership and event planning roles
- You are a team player, willing to celebrate wins and to give, receive and incorporate constructive feedback
- You are flexible, adaptable and willing to embrace the unknown aspects and challenges of event planning
- You are fluent in English. We have a strong preference for candidates who are fluent and bilingual in English and Spanish.
- You are willing and able to travel frequently (once per month on average)
- You are highly skilled at adhering to deadlines with competing demands
- You have excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and project management skills while managing many moving parts
- You will collaborate and partner with the Associate Director, Immersive Experiences, the Director of Global Communities, and the International Director of Jewish Education on three primary areas:
- Retreat and Conference Logistics (60%)
- Retreat Recruitment (30%)
- Program Administration & Project Management (10%)
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Nonprofit Management, Jewish Studies, or another related field. Additional 4 years of full-time relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
- You have a minimum of two years of full-time post-undergraduate professional experience in the Jewish community, preferably related to education and/or event planning
- You have significant demonstrated experience in program management, partner relations, and administrative support
- You bring demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and record-keeping, and experience with partnered programs
- You are highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google (Docs, Sheets, Calendars), Salesforce and other CRM systems as designated by the organization. Additional technical experience and/or knowledge of database systems such as Typeform, Zapier, and Monday.com strongly preferred
- You have experience effectively monitoring several projects at all times and work well under pressure
- You embrace and demonstrate the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
Closing date: ongoing
For more information and to be personally recommended for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.