Food has a central role in the Jewish culture and religion and our aim is to provide a high standard of appetising and nutritious food to our customers, who may have a range of dietary as well a religious requirements. As a result of the Pandemic, our Infection Control and cleaning procedures have become a prime factor in ensuring the safety of our staff and residents. Hospitality and excellent customer service leads all that we do.
This post of Head of Hospitality is initially on an 18 month fixed term contract as we want the successful post holder to work with us and review our services for the future which may or may not involve longer term changes in responsibilities. We wish to state this clearly from the outset in line with our values and emphasise that throughout the tenure of the post holder an important substantial role and service needs to be delivered.
Jewish Care aims to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by creating excellent social care that enhances well-being and inspires them to stay connected to their community. The organisation is committed to finding innovative solutions tailored to the people who use our services. Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic we are proud of how our staff have responded and the agility we have shown to ensure we continue to meet changing requirements.
Head of Hospitality role summary:
- To develop a strategy focused on a positive customer experience and changing stakeholder demands.
- To provide strategic people and financial leadership for Hospitality (which includes all catering and housekeeping staff).
- Work with colleagues to ensure expenditure and services are delivered to an excellent standard within annual budgets, using the procurement process.
- Work closely with resources managers to monitor performances and drive measurable improvements.
- Working collaboratively with staff, committee members, volunteers and trades people to ensure effective services and that any changes are communicated and implemented well.
- Ensure GDPR compliance is met.
- Manage compliance in accordance with all statutory health & safety legislation and food hygiene and in accordance with Care Quality Standards
- Compliance with all licences including drinks licence, kashrut licenses, and working closely with the London Beth Din and Sephardi Kashrut Authority.
For further information on this role and a full job description, please email our Recruitment Business Partner Darren Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Friday 5th February 2021.
Jewish Care offers excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 day’s annual leave, Jewish Care Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
Jewish Care is a leading communal organisation. We are the largest health and social care charity for the Jewish community in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week. Approximately 1500 staff from multi-cultural backgrounds together with 3,000 volunteers help to maintain their service. It provides a wide range of services to help meet the community’s physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations. We care & support many people including; older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs and Holocaust survivors and many more.
We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by creating excellent social care that enhances well-being and inspires them to stay connected to their community. The organisation is committed to finding innovative solutions tailored to the people who use their services.
We are a proud to be multi award winning organisation. Prestigious awards and accolades they have received include; The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, and The Investors in People Gold standard.
Please be aware that this vacancy will close, once a sufficient number of suitable candidates have been identified therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.