Are you looking for a job that is rewarding, meaningful and you can put your organisational and leadership skills to good use? Jewish Care is seeking a Housekeeping Supervisor to join our friendly and close-knit team in our beautiful and bright Hyman Fine House on the Brighton sea front. You will be responsible for meeting Health & Safety Regulations and accountable for maintaining excellent housekeeping standards. This role is worked over 40 hours per week, working 5 days in 7, and will include alternate weekends (8.00am-4.30pm).
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring all Health & Safety practices are monitored, met and recorded in line with organisational policies and current legislations
- Championing Infection Control within the home
- Overseeing all housekeeping and laundry services, ensuring full compliance with Jewish Care agreed standards
- Adhering to the agreed budget, administering unit controls in line with budget and consistently seeking and implementing ways of improving the quality and cost effectiveness of the service
- Managing financial and administrative requirements to ensure Jewish Care’s budgets and policies are adhered to
- Establishing and delivering high quality training and development to inspire learners in developing their skills and capabilities, to ensure individual learning needs are met
- Keeping abreast of best practice within the Housekeeping sector to ensure Jewish Care’s training and development remains relevant and innovative
- Leading and motivating the team to ensure high quality outcomes are achieved and customer service expectations are achieved and maintained
What you will bring to Jewish Care:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role (Essential)
- Experience working in a care environment (Desirable)
- Experience in leadership and developing a team
- Experience of rostering to a budget
- Additional infection control experience post Covid 19
- Willingness to participate in the day to day cleaning, being hands on and leading by example
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and work independently without direct supervision
- Positive ‘can do’ flexible attitude
- Ability to work 2 shifts a week as supernumerary in order to fulfil the managerial part of your role
- BICS certificate or willingness to be trained to this level (desirable)
- Current Accredited Infection Control Certificate or willingness to be trained (desirable)
What we do:
Jewish Care is a leading communal organisation and the largest health and social care charity for the Jewish community in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week including older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs, Holocaust survivors and many more. We are proud to be a multi award-winning organisation, receiving prestigious awards that include The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, and The Investors in People Gold standard.
Why you’ll love working with us:
At Jewish Care, we like to reward you for your hard work and offer excellent benefits and extensive training to all staff. Benefits include free meals, 20 day’s annual leave, Jewish Care Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more!
Your career development is important to us and Jewish Care offers various opportunities to learn and grow within the organisation as well as providing programmes that will develop you as an individual.
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. Though our clients are of similar religious tradition, our staff represent various cultures and faiths, bringing their own unique perspectives and individuality to their roles.
Please be aware that this vacancy will close, once a sufficient number of suitable candidates have been identified therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. To request a full job description, please email Recruitment3@jcare.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Jewish Care offers excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 day’s annual leave, Jewish Care Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
Jewish Care is a leading communal organisation. We are the largest health and social care charity for the Jewish community in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week. Approximately 1500 staff from multi-cultural backgrounds together with 3,000 volunteers help to maintain their service. It provides a wide range of services to help meet the community’s physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations. We care & support many people including; older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs and Holocaust survivors and many more.
We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by creating excellent social care that enhances well-being and inspires them to stay connected to their community. The organisation is committed to finding innovative solutions tailored to the people who use their services.
We are a proud to be multi award winning organisation. Prestigious awards and accolades they have received include; The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, and The Investors in People Gold standard.
Please be aware that this vacancy will close, once a sufficient number of suitable candidates have been identified therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
For more information or in order to apply, please click here
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.