Hours: Part time – 14 hours a week (2 days)
Temporary Role – 6 month contract
ORT has been transforming lives through training and education since 1880. From focusing on teaching 19th century Russian Jews essential trades and professions, we have evolved to provide 21st century skills that empower individuals and strengthen communities and Jewish life worldwide.
The ORT network reaches more than 200,000 people a year in schools, universities, and vocational training programs, in more than 30 countries. We bridge the gap between ability and opportunity by providing leading science and technology education.
The Marketing Assistant will be a key member in supporting the Marketing and Communications department which includes a full time Head of External Affairs and Marketing Manager. Your role will focus on assisting the department in implementing its global marketing strategy, building a strong brand across social media, optimising the website and assisting with general copywriting and video creation.
Sitting in the MarComm department, you will be co-managed by the Marketing Manager and
Head of External Affairs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
You will help us to build a strong brand and community in line with the MarComm strategy
across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Develop and implement the editorial calendar across social media channels
• Research social media trends and tactics and apply and test these out across our
• Create, monitor and track social media paid advertising
• Grow our social media following, reach and engagement
• Create content, source and write stories, case studies and testimonials and create a
series of stories
• Design visuals using Canva, Animoto/promo video
• Monitor and report on social media engagement and analytics
You will help to support the Head of External Affairs and Marketing Manager with keeping the
website up-to-date, key tasks include:
• Uploading and publishing photo galleries
• Publishing content in the ‘News & Media’ section
• Updating and creating pages when necessary
• Reviewing, researching and refreshing existing content
• organising, tagging and categorising a bank of ORT images and general support to the
• General copywriting for social media, website, email, print and other digital channels.
• Create engaging videos for use on social media and the website
• Create email marketing campaigns using mail chimp
SKILLS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION:
• You will have a passion for marketing
• You have at least one year’s experience as a marketing or communications professional
• Have a commitment to your continued professional development and strong desire to learn practical day-to-day marketing skills
• You will have a strong eye for detail
• You will enjoy creating perfect visuals
• You are fluent in both written and spoken English
• You thrive working in a team and can take initiative
ORT House, 126 Albert Street, London, NW1 7NE
HOURS OF WORK:
Office hours are 09:00 – 17:30 Monday to Thursday and 09:00 – 14:00 on Fridays.
This role may involve working out of hours and occasional international travel.
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.