Hours: 5 – 10 per week flexible
- Being the first point of contact for the nursery, taking messages and passing onto the appropriate persons.
- Dealing with parent queries.
- Keep abreast of legislation, guidelines, and policies to ensure the Children’s Act and the Early Years Foundation Stage welfare requirements are met at all times.
- Ensure that appropriate records and administration systems are maintained to ensure confidentiality of information.
- To ensure business administrative and financial processes are followed and completed according to nursery guidelines, including government portals and meetings the deadlines required.
- To maintain all nursery records (electronic and manual). Including Excel spreadsheets, class lists, staff training, DBS records and contact details etc.
- Updating and managing the booking system for extra session especially for lunch club and breakfast club. Updating Tapestry.
- To work with the Synagogue Staff and the Nursery Manager on the nursery’s social media exposure and the nursery website.
- To attend and participate in monthly nursery meetings and take minutes.
- To act as the cover in the Nursery rooms, in exceptional circumstances, when required.
- To assist the Nursery Manager and staff in preparing fully for OFSTED inspections.
- Support SEN person with administrative paperwork and liase with outside agencies as required.
- To work with the Synagogue staff on financial matters, building maintenance record keeping systems, audits, resources and stationery orders, collection and tally of payments including petty cash.
- Correspondence with staff.
- To undertake any other duties or responsibilities as required by the nursery manager such as booking trips and visits.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimal supervision and prioritise their workload.
- Ability to deal sensitively and discretely with confidential matters.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines and timescales.
- A very high level of ICT competence for use in an administrative capacity. Excellent spreadsheet skills .Knowledge and experience of using databases.
- Prior experience working in a similar role or the ability to demonstrate transferable skills.
- An ability to communicate effectively with parents, children, and colleagues (written and oral) including literacy, tact, and diplomacy.
- High levels of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Ability to deal sensitively with people and resolve problems.
- A hard-working team player with an eagerness to participate fully in the life of a busy nursery.
- GCSE English and Maths and preferably NVQ in administration or equivalent qualification.
- Experience of providing administrative support to a team and ideally but not essential experience of working in a nursery environment.
To apply for this role please contact email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 15th April 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 19th April 2021
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.