- Being the first point of contact for the nursery, taking messages and passing onto the appropriate persons.
- Dealing with parent queries.
- Keep abreast of legislation, guidelines, and policies to ensure the Children’s Act and the Early Years Foundation Stage welfare requirements are met at all times.
- Ensure that appropriate records and administration systems are maintained to ensure confidentiality of information.
- To ensure business administrative and financial processes are followed and completed according to nursery guidelines, including government portals and meetings the deadlines required.
- To maintain all nursery records (electronic and manual). Including Excel spreadsheets, class lists, staff training, DBS records and contact details etc.
- Updating and managing the booking system for extra session especially for lunch club and breakfast club. Updating Tapestry.
- Post holder will be expected to undertake training as required to ensure that they are able to participate in all aspects of the nursery processes.
- Post holder will be expected to abide by the nurseries health and safety policy.
- Post holder has clear knowledge of the nursery Safeguarding Policy and of promoting the welfare of children and carries out all duties in line with this.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimal supervision and prioritise their workload.
- Ability to deal sensitively and discretely with confidential matters.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines and timescales.
- A very high level of ICT competence for use in an administrative capacity. Excellent spreadsheet skills of Knowledge and experience of using databases.
- Prior experience working in a similar role or the ability to demonstrate transferable skills.
- An ability to communicate effectively with parents, children, and colleagues (written and oral) including literacy, tact, and diplomacy.
- High levels of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Ability to deal sensitively with people and resolve problems.
- A hard-working team player with an eagerness to participate fully in the life of a busy nursery.
- The candidate must have GCSE English and Maths and preferably NVQ in administration or equivalent qualification. Experience of providing administrative support to a team and ideally but not essential experience of working in a nursery environment
Please go to our website to download full recruitment pack and application form.
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.