Betty Asher Loftus Centre, Barnet, Friern Barnet, Greater London, N3 2NB
£10.09 + Benefits
Based at our centre in Friern Barnet,you will promote the social and emotional needs of residents and to maximise their independence, dignity and choice through the provision of a range of stimulating, recreational, educational and therapeutic activities, which are client centred and in keeping with Jewish Care’s philosophy of care.
This role is on a as and when required basis (zero hours contract). You could be working Monday to Friday and Sundays from 9-5pm depending on service need.
- To deliver a programme of stimulating activities, that meet the social, physical, emotional and cultural needs of residents so that they are enabled to lead as full a life as possible
- To facilitate and lead one to one and small group activities and assist in the provision of an environment which is motivating and stimulating which reflects residents’ Jewish identity and cultural needs.
- To encourage residents to maintain their links with the Jewish community via virtual engagements
- To monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of activities in order to ensure success of the activities programme
- To work to safely and responsibly, by following all mandatory Infection Control measure
- To incorporate activities around Jewish festivals in the recreational programme as needed to meet the requirements of residents
- To attend virtual Team meetings so that information can be shared, and issues discussed and escalated as necessary.
- To participate in regular supervision meetings and an annual performance review with the line manager to discuss work issues, how things are going and explore areas for development
You will need
- An understanding of the challenge of, and sensitivity needed to care and support vulnerable people, whilst delivering a of range of stimulating activities to support service users to lead meaningful lives
- Experience of providing a full range of stimulating and engaging arts and recreational activities
- Experience of working with older people & volunteers
- Ability to develop and coordinate an activity programme in the absence of the social care coordinator to meet residents’ needs
- Ability to communicate with and relate compassionately and appropriately with people living with dementia and/or other disabilities
For a full job description on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jewish Care offers excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 day’s annual leave, Jewish Care Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
Jewish Care is a leading communal organisation. We are the largest health and social care charity for the Jewish community in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week. Approximately 1500 staff from multi-cultural backgrounds together with 3,000 volunteers help to maintain their service. It provides a wide range of services to help meet the community’s physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations. We care & support many people including; older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs and Holocaust survivors and many more.
We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by creating excellent social care that enhances well-being and inspires them to stay connected to their community. The organisation is committed to finding innovative solutions tailored to the people who use their services.
We are a proud to be multi award winning organisation. Prestigious awards and accolades they have received include; The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, and The Investors in People Gold standard.
Please be aware that this vacancy will close, once a sufficient number of suitable candidates have been identified therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.