Do you want to work for a multi-award-winning organisation offering high quality housing with care services to older people? Jewish care is pleased to offer a rare opportunity for an outstanding candidate to join our team as the Retirement Living Administrator for our flag ship retirement community Pears Court, located in Stanmore, Hertfordshire. This is a prestigious new build development, which is part of our Sandringham Campus site. Phase 2 of this exciting development will be opening in Spring 2021, offering 48 one and two-bedroom retirement housing properties for rental. You will support the day-to-day operation of the service and provide a key function to the tenants and their families.
To find out more about our new Care and Community hub, please head to https://jewishcare.org/sandringham and check out our unique range of services and facilities!
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing administrative support to the Extra Care Team and coordinate information regarding visitors and tenants
- Providing a high quality and responsive ‘front of house’ service for customers and visitors, whether this be face-to-face, answering the telephone or dealing with emails/texts and letters
- Responding to tenants’ queries at the first point of contact. This may include reporting a repair, providing information on facilities, or help dealing with anti-social behaviour
- Arranging meetings and facilities, taking minutes as required
- Maintaining an efficient filing and archive system, both electronically and manually
- Assisting with the ordering and stock control of stationary for the service
- Supporting management with the collection of rent, utilities, and any other charges due
- Supporting payroll management and billing
What you’ll bring to Jewish Care:
- Experience of working with financial applications including petty cash, invoicing and purchase orders
- Experience of working with older people with varying abilities and needs who may also suffer from dementia
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Teams and easily able to assimilate other software packages
- Knowledge and awareness of the effect of disability/ageing on daily living skills
- Ability to demonstrate welcoming and high-quality customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to form credible, constructive relationships with colleagues, volunteers, and members of the wider community
- An emotionally intelligent approach to delivering successful outcomes
- Good level of education to GCSE level or equivalent
What we do:
Jewish Care is a leading communal organisation and the largest health and social care charity for the Jewish community in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week including older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs, Holocaust survivors and many more. We are proud to be a multi award-winning organisation, receiving prestigious awards that include The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, and The Investors in People Gold standard.
Why you’ll love working with us:
Jewish Care offers excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 day’s annual leave, Jewish Care Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. Though our clients are of similar religious tradition, our staff represent various cultures and faiths, bringing their own unique perspectives and individuality to their roles.
Please be aware that this vacancy will close, once a sufficient number of suitable candidates have been identified therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. To request a full job description, please email Recruitment3@jcare.org
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is the leading health and social care charity serving the Jewish community in the UK. Though our clients are all of a similar religious tradition, our staff represent diverse cultures and faiths, bringing their own unique perspectives and individuality to their roles.
Why you’ll love working with us
No matter how young or old you are, if you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, we’ll reward you for your hard work and dedication. On top of providing some of the most competitive pay rates in the care industry, we offer excellent benefits, including:
- 4% employer pension contribution
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Excellent training opportunities
- Free meals
- Wellbeing & staff recognition initiatives
Jewish Care is a communal organisation touching the lives of over 10,000 people every week. We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by enhancing wellbeing and inspiring them to stay connected to their community. We provide a variety of health and social care services to meet the community’s physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations, including older people, those with mental health needs, Holocaust survivors, people living with dementia and people with disabilities.
We employee 1,100 staff and 3,000 volunteers from multicultural backgrounds who work together to enrich vulnerable people’s lives in a positive and caring way. Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic we are proud of how our staff have responded and the agility they have shown to ensure we continue to meet changing requirements.
Start the rewarding career you’ve been wishing for. Apply today!
Please be aware that this vacancy will close once a sufficient number of candidates have been identified.
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.