Do you want to work for a multi-award-winning organisation offering high quality housing with care services to older people? We are proud to be the UK’s leading charity providing health and social care to the Jewish community.
Jewish care is pleased to offer an opportunity for outstanding Team Leaders to join our Regulated Services Team for our flag ship retirement community, Pears Court, located in Stanmore, Hertfordshire. This is a prestigious new build development, which is part of our Sandringham Campus site. Phase 2 of this exciting development will be opening in early 2021, offering 48 one and two-bedroom retirement housing properties for rental. You will be responsible for managing a team of care and support staff delivering high quality housing with care services to older members of the Jewish Community. You will be supporting the registered manager to recruit and lead a brand-new team who will be passionate about the high-quality care and support they deliver. This role may also include work in other various North West London locations.
To find out more about our new Care and Community hub, please head to https://jewishcare.org/sandringham and check out our unique range of services and facilities!
The salary for this role will start at £25,600 per annum including on call allowance of £1,400.
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as building Duty Manager on a rota basis, ensuring safety, security and maintenance is effectively managed, leading the team and managing the delivery of care and support delivered on-site
- Line-manage a team of Care and Support Workers, ensuring supervisions, appraisals, coaching and mentoring is carried out in line with staff needs and the organisation’s requirements
- Directly delivering care and support to Independent Living tenants when required to do so and acting as a role model to Care and Support staff in relation to best practice
- Responding to and dealing with emergency situations including health and safety issues, medical emergencies and maintenance issues
- Taking part in the out of hours on call rota as required by the Registered Manager
- Managing the care and support planning functions for a case load of Retirement Living customers and ensure that all customer documentation is up to date and meets the standards required by CQC
- Ensuring needs and risk assessments are carried out effectively in order to produce robust care and support plans for care and support staff to follow
- Establishing and maintain excellent supportive relationship with tenants, their relatives and their wider support networks including other professionals involved in their care
- Ensuring customers are enabled to maximise their potential as individuals and can make choices and feel in control of the services they receive, including designing and delivering bespoke packages of care and support
- Working cooperatively as part of a multidisciplinary team including volunteers and colleagues working in different areas of the organisation as well as in partnership with a range of statutory and voluntary partners to gain excellent outcomes for our customers
- Following all policy, procedure and legislative guidance, including Data protection and GDPR regulations
- Deputising in the absence of the Retirement Living Registered Manager
What you’ll bring to Jewish Care:
- Good knowledge of the current CQC standards and inspection framework as they apply to Extra Care Housing Services
- Understands how to deliver a care and support service in line with the CQC KLOEs for social care services
- Substantial experience of delivering care and support services to older people with a range of care and support needs
- Knowledge of care planning, risk assessment and the standards required by CQC in this area of compliance
- Previous experience of working in a similar supervisory / management role within a care or housing with care setting
- Strong commitment to Jewish Care’s values and providing an excellent customer experience
- Ability to form credible, constructive relationships with colleagues, volunteers, customers and members of the wider community
- Possesses a positive and flexible attitude to workload demands, including working hours. This will include working early mornings, evenings & weekends and occasional night shifts based on the needs of the service
- Relevant professional qualifications in Health & Social Care (Level 2 /3 or working towards)
What we do:
Jewish Care is a leading communal organisation and the largest health and social care charity for the Jewish community in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week including older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs, Holocaust survivors and many more. We are proud to be a multi award-winning organisation, receiving prestigious awards that include The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, and The Investors in People Gold standard.
Why you’ll love working with us:
Jewish Care offers excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 day’s annual leave, Jewish Care Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. Though our clients are of similar religious tradition, our staff represent various cultures and faiths, bringing their own unique perspectives and individuality to their roles.
Please be aware that this vacancy will close, once a sufficient number of suitable candidates have been identified therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. To request a full job description, please email Recruitment3@jcare.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is the leading health and social care charity serving the Jewish community in the UK. Though our clients are all of a similar religious tradition, our staff represent diverse cultures and faiths, bringing their own unique perspectives and individuality to their roles.
Why you’ll love working with us
No matter how young or old you are, if you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, we’ll reward you for your hard work and dedication. On top of providing some of the most competitive pay rates in the care industry, we offer excellent benefits, including:
- 4% employer pension contribution
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Excellent training opportunities
- Free meals
- Wellbeing & staff recognition initiatives
Jewish Care is a communal organisation touching the lives of over 10,000 people every week. We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by enhancing wellbeing and inspiring them to stay connected to their community. We provide a variety of health and social care services to meet the community’s physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations, including older people, those with mental health needs, Holocaust survivors, people living with dementia and people with disabilities.
We employee 1,100 staff and 3,000 volunteers from multicultural backgrounds who work together to enrich vulnerable people’s lives in a positive and caring way. Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic we are proud of how our staff have responded and the agility they have shown to ensure we continue to meet changing requirements.
Start the rewarding career you’ve been wishing for. Apply today!
Please be aware that this vacancy will close once a sufficient number of candidates have been identified.
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.