Shalhevet seeks a dynamic Mechanechet (Educator) to lead the academic programs, manage the day-to-day operations of our school and stand as a role model and inspiration for our students.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience and one year of administrative experience.
She will hold an advanced degree in Education and/or School Leadership and have evidence of completion of a course of study at a recognized post-secondary Orthodox, Jewish institution (Yeshiva or Seminary).
SCHOOL OPERATIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
• Supervise and manage all day-to-day operations of the school.
• Monitor and evaluate all academic school programs and functions.
• Represent and implement the policies and strategic plan of the Board.
• Oversee the operations, maintenance and safety of the campus.
• Liaise with the Ministry of Education.
FACULTY OPERATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT
• Recruit and retain staff and ensure the quality of all staff performance.
• Guide faculty to understand and implement the school’s mission, vision, and philosophy for Judaic and General Studies.
• Supervise, guide, mentor, and evaluate all staff and faculty within the school and provide ample opportunities for professional development to improve the overall quality of curriculum delivery
and student learning.
• Promote and facilitate communication between parents and teachers through regular and consistent communication.
• Maintain on-going communication with faculty and administration.
STUDENT AND PARENT INVOLVEMENT
• Implement and maintain processes to recruit and retain families and students to Shalhevet.
• Create an overall school environment that is positive and inviting.
• Nurture a school climate that is consistent with the mission of the school.
• Serve as a school leader in the eyes of all stakeholders: Parents, prospective parents, Jewish Federation, donors and the broader community.
• Ensure comprehensive and consistent communication with internal stakeholders.
• Develop strong parent support for the school by responding to parent inquiries, questions, and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
• Represent the school’s mission, philosophy, and policies to the greater Jewish community.
• Maintain the school’s presence and reputation within the Jewish Community and the Jewish elementary school and high school communities.
• Represent Shalhevet as the Academic Leader amongst community agencies and on committees.
• Guide the Board on the development of all policies and procedures related to the administration of the school and educational programs, including hashkafic approach.
• Attend Board meetings and Committee meetings as needed.
• Inform the Board, as necessary, of developments relevant to the strategic direction of the school.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.