The Senior Administrator will provide administrative support services to the senior management team in Otto Schiff and promote the highest standards of business ethos within the home and ensures the most effective use of resources. Responsible for delivering excellent customer experience for colleagues, residents, relatives, and volunteers. Responsible for financial resource management, including monitoring the budget in conjunction with the Registered Manager and the Business Manager. Oversee the management of administrative functions, volunteers, site management, health, and safety, and to manage the administrator/receptionist.
- Work with the Business Manager and Senior Management Team in Otto Schiff (Registered and Care Managers) in analysing the monthly accounts/ budget.
- Be accountable for managing and administering the payroll using iTrent HR system
- Ensure appropriate liaison with the Registered Manager, Business Manager, and appropriate departments within Jewish Care, to provide the administration necessary for the smooth administrative running of the home
- In collaboration with Living with JC team to ensure accurate financial arrangements with the client, local authority, or any other person or organisation responsible for funding.
- In collaboration with the Senior Management in Otto Schiff (RM/CM) to ensure enquiries and admissions are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Ensure that resident’s finances, including weekly fees and personal allowances are maintained according to the policy and procedures and any other relevant legislative procedures including voluntary and statutory agencies.
- Ensure that databases are maintained and updated in accordance with agreed procedures and systems.
- In collaboration with the Senior Management in Otto Schiff (RM/CM) and Recruitment Department in Jewish Care to ensure the recruitment of staff is carried out in accordance with CQC Regulation 19 Fit & Proper Persons, including Disclosure & Barring Service and Jewish Care policies.
- Manage and ensure that all administrative staff related procedures are carried out and employee files are compliant with statutory regulations.
- Responsible for line managing and allocation of work to the Administrator/Receptionist including administrative duties and ensuring a warm and welcoming reception in accordance with Jewish Care standards and expectations. This will include consideration of the environment and first impressions.
- Maintain accurate listings of all items in the Safe, ensuring that limits are not being exceeded.
- Responsible for delivering excellent customer experience for colleagues, residents, relatives, and volunteers
- Ensure that any site issues, or any contingency issues, such as maintenance and decoration, security and emergencies are dealt with promptly and efficiently on a day-to-day basis.
- Lead on Health and Safety in the home and ensure that all required maintenance checks and audits are carried out at the required intervals.
- Participate in showing people round the home in conjunction with the Registered Manager(s) and Care Manager(s), promoting the home and confirming that potential clients have the appropriate information they require, to make informed choices.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Registered Manager of the home or JC’s Business Manager.
What you will need
- Business administration qualification and/or relevant experience.
- Business administration background.
- Experience within health and social care sector
- Experience of implementation of systems and processes
- Financial management experience including petty cash, payroll, budgeting.
- Working knowledge of The Care Act, The Mental Capacity Act, DOLS and general adult safeguarding best practice
- Good working knowledge of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and their practical applications in day-to-day operational work
- Good knowledge of general HR processes
- Good general knowledge of Health and Safety At Work Act 1974
- High levels of IT literacy in the use of modern business systems, such as the Microsoft Office suite, Internet and cloud-based services and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Exceptional administrative, management and organisational skills
In line with government guidance, we will be asking all candidates to confirm if they have been vaccinated against COVID-19
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is the leading health and social care charity serving the Jewish community in the UK. Though our clients are all of a similar religious tradition, our staff represent diverse cultures and faiths.
Why you’ll love working with us
No matter how young or old you are, if you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, we’ll reward you for your hard work and dedication. On top of providing some of the most competitive pay rates in the care industry, we offer excellent benefits, including:
- 4% employer pension contribution
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Excellent training opportunities
- Free meals
- Wellbeing & staff recognition initiatives
Jewish Care is a communal organisation touching the lives of over 10,000 people every week. We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by enhancing wellbeing and inspiring them to stay connected to their community. We provide a variety of health and social care services to meet the community’s physical, social and emotional needs, including older people, those with mental health needs, Holocaust survivors, people living with dementia and people with disabilities.
We employee 1,100 staff and 3,000 volunteers from multicultural backgrounds who work together to enrich vulnerable people’s lives in a positive and caring way. Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic we are proud of how our staff have responded and the agility they have shown to ensure we continue to meet changing requirements.
Please be aware that this vacancy will close once a sufficient number of candidates have been identified.
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.