The Volunteers department are a multi-disciplinary team of youth and community development colleagues. We form part of the Community Development and Volunteer team, based at Amelie House, the Jewish Care Central Office in Golders Green. The primary purpose of this role is to be an expert in training volunteers in community settings. This role is responsible for the design and delivery of training programs; both ongoing and specialised. The post holder will be an excellent people manager as they will be leading the training team
This post is for 28 hours per week for £23,637 per annum. The full time equivalent salary is £30,600 per annum.
The main responsibilities for this role will be to:
- Supervise and support the work of the Training Assistant in the Volunteers Dept.
- Design and delivery of training programs for new volunteers. ensuring that volunteers get a good and engaging introduction to the organisation
- Develop and deliver new specialist programs
- Working in close partnership with the Community Hub Volunteer managers in our four Hubs (South Herts, NW London, North London, east London & Essex) to oversee induction programs for new volunteers
- Have good relationships with the learning and development advisor in the Human Resources department, managers at Jewish Care resources, Head of Residential Services, Head of Retirement Living and the Head of Community Services.
- Use a supportive / coaching style to collaboratively work with managers and individuals to identify themes across the organisation, prioritising these to produce an annual training plan drawing on our values and individual requirements
- Identify and deliver a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts and learning tools, including e-learning
- Ensure appropriate and effective evaluation systems and processes are in place
- Actively promote Training within the Community Development and Volunteers Department in order to ensure that Resource managers and colleagues are kept informed of the training and development opportunities available to them
- Keep abreast of best practice within the care sector and training profession to ensure Jewish Care’s volunteer training remains relevant and innovative
- Provide leadership, motivation, supervision and appraisal to the Training Assistant so that the team delivers excellence in learning and development for Jewish Care
You will need:
- Appropriate qualification in youth and community and/or training
- Proven track record of training, course design, delivering training, understanding community, the charity sector and development
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of project management
- Knowledge of managing volunteers
- Understanding the health and care sector
- An ability to manage a varied and demanding workload, both independently, and by working collaboratively with others
- Able to prioritise & manage own workload to meet deadlines; can work under pressure
- Able to contribute to the Community Development and Volunteers strategy
- Ensures the training offering runs effectively and efficiently by maintaining regular communication with all parties
- Excellent written and numerical communication (reports, course materials, project proposals etc) with sound knowledge of MSOffice packages to create training materials and analyse training data
- Demonstrable success in setting goals to improve people and resource performance
- Demonstrates the ability to use initiative and work independently without direct supervision
For a full description on this role please email email@example.com
In line with government guidance, we will be asking all candidates to confirm if they have been vaccinated against COVID-19
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is the leading health and social care charity serving the Jewish community in the UK. Though our clients are all of a similar religious tradition, our staff represent diverse cultures and faiths.
Why you’ll love working with us
No matter how young or old you are, if you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, we’ll reward you for your hard work and dedication. On top of providing some of the most competitive pay rates in the care industry, we offer excellent benefits, including:
- 4% employer pension contribution
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Excellent training opportunities
- Free meals
- Wellbeing & staff recognition initiatives
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.